Berks and Bucks Proposal for 1 league in MK

The place to air general chat about this League. This is a moderated forum; be constructive.

Moderator: MK&BCYFL Moderators

Berks and Bucks Proposal for 1 league in MK

Postby billybob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Good evening

l attended the meeting tonight for the proposed. 1 league in MK. It was very interesting the FA was very professional in their delivery. Both the MK Border's and DDL Leagues where in attendance and both had a chance to have their say on the proposal. l was very impressed with MK Borders speech it was well put together. unfortunately the same could not be said for the MKDDL they had nothing planed the chairman kept going on about the somethings again and again and he was not making any sense and totally negative towards the FA's ideas. l was sitting three rows infront of the committee of the DDL league and was not impressed with their behavior though out the meeting constant digs towards the FA. At the last AGM OF the MK DDL they went on about respect, l think after what l heard tonight you should all take a good look at yourselves and ask why you are running a football league there is so big EGOS on that committee. As for the MK Borders, it was the first time l have seen them, l for one was very impressed in the way they conducted themselves tonight
sorry for going on but it had to be said
billybob

Re: Berks and Bucks Proposal for 1 league in MK

Postby Plumberry » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm

I have to agree as being at the meeting myself.

The outline “proposal” was constructed very well, and was very surprised how many people didn’t seem to get the jist of what the FA was proposing.

The choice factor was a good idea, and yes, there could be some logistical issues if voted on. The main issue was about the children and healthly competition of the city to keep clubs going. Which from one league, they didn’t seem to grasp, and there questions was about there own agenda.

It was quite a simple thought out proposal which I’m surprised the powerful people in MK football haven’t seemed to ever enter their heads. To busy floating through the political warfare to see a simpler picture ??

Very much food for thought for clubs to decide on.
Plumberry

Postby heffer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

The MKDDL have now published their own 'counter-proposal' to clubs which - as usual - contains a number of unaccurate and/or misleading statements, including one about U7 to U10 being forced to ply on a sunday - which was NEVER said. It was clearly stated that the existing Saturday setup would remain and that the U7 - U10 Central Venue initiative on a Sunday was an 'extra' to try to encourage more team to start at base level on a Sunday.
There publication also has - actually - no clear proposal in it whatsoever but simply complaints about how they think they are the best league in the area. There is - like their speech last night - no clearly thought out solution or process. There is a lot about what they are intending to do 'generally' but nothing about how they would envisage the joining of the various age groups into one - which the Count proposal did quite clearly (despite the efforts of the DDL to confuse people by raising some ridiculous questions).

I particulary like "Who would pay for the pitch if a 5v5 team couldn't raise a team???" Which they went on to say " people around me are sayng 'good question'.." that would be the other members of there comittee then??
Central Venue is actually fairer in this because at the moment the home team has to pay for a pitch not used!! I understand that under Central Venue the cost is shared by both - so the defaulting team still has to pay there part.

I agree with previous posts and thought the MKDDl people conducted themselves very poorly last night (but no real surprise there considering their in-house arguments at the AGM!! - and previous meetings)

There is a need to encourrage more teams to play on a sunday to resolve some of the issues and the County proposal seems to be a way to start addressong this. It will be interesting to see what other clubs - and teams think.
Lets encourage them to share their views on here.
heffer

Postby billybob » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:21 am

Hi all we also received the MkDDL proposal at 8:20 Thursday night just after Clive Cook finished his sobbing speech and l did mean sobbing. Their proposal as the above massage says its all about them. Clive cook sounded like a second had car salesman who had not sold a car for six months desperate. ( sorry to any car salesman reading this who can sell cars). They say about the fines how they have not made money, only bloody £4000+ last season. And they haven't changed their subscription, MK Borders DON'T CHARGE CLIVE. I could go on more but l think you know by now how bad this is getting from the MKDDL League. Sorry Clive you have not made your case a good one. I think the way your committee have gone about the league situation you have pushed clubs to except the FA proposal, unfortunately you will taken the MK Border County down with you, and they have not done anything wrong in my opinion. I had a chat with LIz from county FA and she made it very clear if there is one league they will be running it. So your proposal you can use as TOILET PAPER
billybob

Postby heffer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Time for the Clubs to make their opinions count then and to vote accordingly. Why do the MKDDL intend to object to an on-line vote? They claim that all there votes are always open.... but from my experience that is far from true.... and many things dont even get voted on at all!!!
heffer

Postby Brazill » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm

I attended the meeting, BBFA's proposal seemed well thought out to me, certainly it will put an end to all the uncertainty and make things easier for club's with the BBFA employing a dedicated person to administer the league.

MKBCYFL in support of the proposal put some good points across and very well constructed. Clive Cook from the MKDDL sadly made himself look like a bumbling baffoon, it was hilarious watching the rolling of the eyes from the BBFA to some of his points, if this is the best MKDDL can offer then they are doomed. The constant heckling and petty questions being put forward by the MKDDL committee was embarrassing, the fella from Woburn, Ian? what a egotistical crass individual he is.

Think the MKDDL have lost sight that they are answerable to the club's, and more importantly the BBFA, after their performance at this meeting it is pretty sure they won't get any support from the BBFA, if the clubs don't vote the proposal in, then sure we will see the MKDDL get less age groups sanctioned, and probably only Saturday football, certainly to all around me, MKDDL showed themselves as a big part of the problem and definitely not part of the solution.
Brazill

Postby aidenwb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm

I liked the proposal for the one league, which makes sense and assists teams by removing the uncertainty of where they are playing next season. i did have a thought and not sure if this was picked up by anyone else, but if it is one league, then why split to a Saturday or a Sunday league as separate leagues, but have this as your preferred day for playing matches?

Just a thought, but this would stop the watering down of the divisions enabling teams to play at the right level for them, which would stop teams moving away. I am sure teams would have no issues changing their preferred day for the occasional matches to be played and would keep them playing in MK at the right level for them, rather than smaller divisions with teams that struggle as they do with the current format?

What do others think on this, like i said just a thought??
aidenwb

Postby fairplay » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:48 pm

My personal feelings are that the BBFA proposal looks to increase the participation on a Sunday by generating interest at the starting level of U7 – U10; and then escalating that as and when it can.
The existing setup on a Saturday is not changed – and will continue to flourish – but by offering something a little different on a Sunday (with Central Venue Fixtures) they will hopefully entice some teams to take this offer up. This may be new teams who cannot commit to a Saturday – or existing teams who want an additional challenge. I would hope that players could register for teams on both days if they wished.
There is no attempt to detract from the existing Saturday schedule – but simply an attempt to increase the awareness of Sunday as an option.
The MKBCYFL has looked at this - and similar - ideas in the past (and discussed with member clubs) but the workload involved is phenomenal and in all reality is beyond the abilities of a volunteer who has a full time work commitment as well. So the CFA intention to appoint a fulltime, paid person (or two) to the role is exactly what is needed to take this forward.
There will undoubtedly be some teething issues and problems to be resolved – but the idea of a single league to manage football in MK would be realised and there would be opportunities to influence how this moved forward – for both the existing Leagues and the Clubs.
It would also be entirely for the benefit of the youth of MK – and not for the self-glorification of any particular people.
fairplay

Postby heffer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Looks like billybob has upset someone.... with this being sent out by MKDDL Chair ...

Secretary’s
I’m not interested in petty offensive emails but would comment on the email below:
This has come from someone (didn’t sign) who purports to be a grown man committed to youth football. There must be a lesson for children in this kind of correspondence.
I think this says more about the man himself than it does me.
On a serious note – the conversation this person had with Liz Verrall. I shall be making inquiries into this particular comment and will inform you of the outcome.
Clive Cook

presumably someone sent an email to him and he hasn't checked it correctly... so no chnage there...
heffer

Postby Brazill » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:38 am

Someone hand Clive a shovel so he can go bury his head, if his ramblings at the meeting weren't embarrassing enough, then sending an email quoting something off this message board to club secretary's embarrassing him and the MKDDL further.

I had no feelings towards either the leagues prior to this meeting, both I felt were trying to make the best of a difficult situation, but completely turned around now, how can a Chair of a league behave like this, embarrassing, very surprised someone with a level head at the MKDDL hasn't reigned him in (if there is one?), or even better check that he has something valid to say or a reasoned argument leading to a solution, before he steps up to address a meeting.
Brazill

Next

Return to General Chat