Youth Football 2018/19

The place to air general chat about this League. This is a moderated forum; be constructive.

Moderator: MK&BCYFL Moderators

Re: Youth Football 2018/19

Postby footballmom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

I don’t really think the issue with postponed fixtures has anything to do with teams playing Saturdays instead of Sunday’s, no this is mainly down to mother nature!

In fact we have hardly any league games left to fit in due to the fact that our fixtures seemed to be front loaded this season and also not as many as we would usually have. This again has very little to do with teams choosing to play Saturdays and more to do with organisation of the fixtures and divisions.

Mid week fixtures tend to be inevitable when we have had such a bad winter season and we have experienced this before and so have those age groups that play Sunday football. So again nothing to do with teams playing Saturdays.

Personally don’t have an issue with lack of referees, happy to provide our own qualified, impartial referee. I know we are lucky to have this option and not all teams do so I can understand the lack of refs can be a problem to some teams.
However this doesn’t mean that those same exams would or could play Sunday’s.

I just don’t understand why the league would go against what teams want when they have been sanctioned to provide football on both days for these age groups. Why don’t they do the same as last season and let the teams chose their preferred day and go with the majority or run both days like they have this season. This is what was promised when they convinced the teams to sign up last season! Never once mentioned they would take that option away the follow season :?
footballmom

Postby billybob » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:06 am

soccermom
Do you not read anything properly, the league has said they will do what the clubs wish. And as for you going to the Chiltern League then please go, as the Chiltern League play on Sundays and you won't have the option as we have teams in that league. So please stop causing trouble with your silly unfounded statements, and stressing other clubs out with YOUR uncertainty. It is very clear to ANYONE with an ounce of sense and turn up to meeting and get the facts from the MKBC committee . why don't you do this and ask the questions in person. from what l here alot of poeple would like to meet you me for one
billybob

Postby footballmom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Billybob
Do you have nothing better to do than to make this debate personal and persicute someone you don’t even know because you don’t agree with their opinions? I haven’t been abusive or singled anyone out and I am sure I’m not the only one concerned with the uncertainty again!

Clearly you are reading a different email from BC to the one I read that states the following:

Our thoughts at the moment for next season are that we should offer U14
and U15 Saturday or Sunday - and this will be driven by demand If
enough teams want a competition on a particular day - then we will look
at providing it. This may, or may not, mean either age group being
offered games on both days - as we did with the U16's this season.
However U16 and U18 football will only be offered on a Sunday - probably
with the U16's in the morning and the U18's in the afternoon

So there it is, as I read it the league want u16 football on a Sunday - not all teams want this and I am not the only one to point that out, yet I am the one you single out! The email asks for opinions from clubs and this chat group is here for people to air their opinions - Why make it a personal attack on me!

As far as my comment about chiltern league, you obviously didn’t read that right. I merely pondered the question how many teams might chose to change to the chiltern league if border counties only offer Sunday for u16.

As far as I am aware, having an opinion and a preference and stating it is not a crime. However posting a post aimed at a single person suggesting you would like to argue with them face to face could be construed as intimiding and threatening!

If you must post comment then focus on the debate and the opinions offered by different people, don’t just single out the one person who you agree with the least! That is unfair and completely uncalled for!
footballmom

Postby Plumberry » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 am

The simple fact is that the backbone has gone from U-14’s to U-18’s football in MK. Which is a shame, as this is the most crucial time players need to adapt to adult football.

The BC should follow DDL example of picking a day, sticking to it and not listen to the BBFA. The split this year has diluted the top end of youth football. Kids need fun and competitive football to grow to the men’s game. It’s a fact. There is no rise to change to fit into modern football, whatever that means.

Youth football, is youth football. What has changed is the modern family social prerogative. Not the game, it’s still a ball and players, ref and league. Other youth league play on one day, like it and lump it.

The day you let managers and parent power dominate is the day the game dies. It’s a fact, no debate about it.

I’ve heard of a adult manager dropping a young player, as they can’t play on midweek, as the game player has been told they can only play on Saturdays. Honour and privilege of playing for the badge has gone. It’s the club owes you a favour now, but parents don’t reliase it’s the teams that adapt and stay together whenever possible win major honours.

The more the two day devide is there, more issues will happen. If the BC lose clubs, they lose clubs. If little Timmy wants to play football, then any parent will make sure there child plays. If they are told it’s Sunday’s, then you surely adapt. DDL has done that and everyone has adapted.

Got to have a backbone, not what the clubs decide, as most clubs are run by the managers and parents. Set the rules, get the club to follow the rules, and managers and footballs play. The clubs that follow this have successful youth teams and good adult setups. Not hard to look at the MK clubs who follow this rule, and see where there adult sides are.

Newport Pagnall, Winslow, Mursley. Apart from Tattenhoe U16’s and Newport U15’s don’t see many MK Youth setups fighting for MK County Cup glory. Just shows top end competitive football has been very poor this year. Four MK teams got into top end finals last year with I think Stony and Mursley bringing back silverware.

It’s simple basics really. MK Football is on a downward spiral.
Plumberry

Postby heffer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:00 am

Why do people take such delight in trying to cause aggravation and be so argumentative.
Sorry Footballmom but you have conveniently missed off the part of the email that said

"The County FA sanction that we have is to run U14 to U18 football on Saturday and/or Sunday and it is hoped that we can cater for whatever the requirements of the member clubs is. We are aware however of the issues that this arrangement has caused this season - and we are considering how we can improve things."

The important word there is 'considering'.

The next (quoted) paragraph shows the statement "Our thoughts at the moment for next season are..." but you have also missed off the part that said "We would like to some feedback and/or early indications of how this would be accepted by your Club."

Have you told the League how it would affect you? Made alternate suggestions? Or just whined on here?

You also complain at one stage about another billybob making it 'personal' and stating that 'I haven’t been abusive or singled anyone out' however I would refer you back to your own statement of
'Could that have been their plan all along? Get the teams in by promising to do what the majority want then dictate what they will offer the next season.' They sounds abusive to me - accusing the League Management of duplicity.

The League appear to be between a rock and a hard place on this and would probably appreciate support rather than abuse.
heffer

Postby MKSBE » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:45 am

and here we go again

MKDDL ran U14 to U16 very well up to season 16/17 with competitive football for all, just saying!

From what I hear these age groups have been a an utter shambles this season? Every coach I have spoken to from U14 and above has not had a good word to say about the league they have been playing in this season :o
MKSBE

Postby heffer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 pm

sorry to disagee MKSBE but the MKDDL has never run U16 football and only did U15 for one year and all those that are whining about how poor the league is are not comparing like for like.
I know of a large numer of teams that complained the MKDDL was too soft and allowed teams to call off games simply because their star player had a bad toe!! whereas the MKBC have a better structure to their rules - and enforce them..
the main complaint teams have is that they can't take the mick like they used to...
the MKBC have run Sunday football for 50 years and only this season taken on the shambles that Saturday football has become under current FA rulings - and have done a pretty good jb of landing on their feet running.
Too many teams are complaining that they want to stay on Sat - and then leaving anyway - or folding and the whole strcture was undermined by the MKDDL not informing clubs what was happening last season.
There latest mail to clubs is an attempt to upset everything again isn't it?
They are 'certain' they will be running up to U15 on Saturday next season?? Even though County have said that nothing will change this year...
we accuse the russians of disinformation... but the MKDDL have to be a close second...
heffer

Postby MKSBE » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 am

heffer wrote:sorry to disagee MKSBE but the MKDDL has never run U16 football and only did U15 for one year and all those that are whining about how poor the league is are not comparing like for like.
I know of a large numer of teams that complained the MKDDL was too soft and allowed teams to call off games simply because their star player had a bad toe!! whereas the MKBC have a better structure to their rules - and enforce them..
the main complaint teams have is that they can't take the mick like they used to...
the MKBC have run Sunday football for 50 years and only this season taken on the shambles that Saturday football has become under current FA rulings - and have done a pretty good jb of landing on their feet running.
Too many teams are complaining that they want to stay on Sat - and then leaving anyway - or folding and the whole strcture was undermined by the MKDDL not informing clubs what was happening last season.
There latest mail to clubs is an attempt to upset everything again isn't it?
They are 'certain' they will be running up to U15 on Saturday next season?? Even though County have said that nothing will change this year...
we accuse the russians of disinformation... but the MKDDL have to be a close second...

how many more times am I going to read on here that the MKBC have run football for 50 years? Do you know in life there is a phrase that if a collective group of people keep patting each other on the back and keep telling each other how great they are. They actually convince themselves that they are and they start to believe it to be true!

I for one hope the MKDDL do get back football up to U15 so my son does not have to waste another season playing football like he has had to this season at U14 although his coach has already sad that if U15 football is with BC next season then they are going elsewhere. It has been as I stated before a shambles, with parents reffing games, teams playing 6 games in 7 months. Whereas some competitive teams in the MKDDL have managed to play 20+, oh but hang on here the MKBC make teams play games don't they? My other son who currently plays in U12 in the MKDDL has had a great competitive season. Though I doubt it as this gets dictated to by the FA I believe who it seems are so out of touch of what people want which is why this season has been the way it has. Please explain how the MKBC have done a "pretty good job" because everyone and I mean everyone I have spoken to would not agree with you! The amount of times I have heard people say last season was great, this season lets just forget it!

Regarding your comment about the MKDDL allowing games to be cancelled at the drop of a hat if you care to take a look at the MKDDL website I believe any result with a HW or AW next to it these are games that have been awarded for the reason you state do not happen? I know this for a fact as it happened to my sons team this season. Anyway my reasons for wanting what I want as an interested parent in both my sons football is based on one has had a great season and the other has wasted his time thanks
MKSBE

Postby heffer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm

i find it hard to understand why so many (obviously including MKSBE) think that the issues this year with structure and divisions, referees, teams leaving, lack of teams etc etc have been the fault of the MKBC.
They have been warning clubs for several years that a tipping point was on the horizon if everyone continud to want to play on a saturday and that Clubs needed to look at what they wanted in more detail.
This season appears to have been the time that the point was reached and the decision by County to dump these age grous on MKBC did noone any favours and put the League in a very nasty position.
I have criticised the MKBC many times in the past but woud it really have been any better had the MKDDL been running U14/15/16 on a Saturday this year?
There would still have been issues over pitch availability and the lack of referees. There would still have been teams dropping out due to the lack of similar opposition. Parking at venues and the overuse of pitches would still have hit hard - and no-one has control over the waether.

I also don't see the League 'patting themselves on the back' as MKSBE suggests - the League itself generally keeps itself out of the debates on here.
heffer

Postby nptfc75 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi,

Been away for a while, the debate does not seem to have moved on, but football has been played and reading the views posted it`s very much as I expected, smaller and less competitive leagues diluting the competition for the teams in the Milton Keynes area, but I read in a recent previous post " the choice shouldn`t be with parents on which day you play" and I absolutely agree, and was one of my points pre-season, sadly teams are leaving MK to play more competitive football elsewhere namely the Chiltern league, I did on a couple of occasions with my teams in search of improved competition for my teams at the time.

Could the largest and most established teams get together, and help create a set of rules supporting both leagues, 7-11 years playing Saturdays in the MKDDL, where "FUN" is the aim as well as playing football and developing players in an environment that parents of this age group should expect, away from the competitive older age groups, also developing young referees in an inclusive environment.

The age band of 12-18 years play Sundays in a more competitive environment, it`s not everyone's cup of tea, but the continued development of the players has to be a focus, the lower leagues will still cater for enjoyment and game time too, whilst the better teams have a better chance of playing competitive football against the best local teams, though it`s the strength of both leagues that is the greatest concern right now, and in MK we don`t have that many teams competing regionally at the highest level apart from the two teams brought up in an earlier post, and yet we are saturated with talented players in MK and should be doing better.

I`ve worked with teams in both leagues, and must say that the MK Border counties is for me well run and organised when supported by the clubs, I have a team in the MKDDL currently, whilst I have no major concerns I can`t see how they could possibly run all football in MK, not enough pitches & too few referee`s, I`ve not seen a league rep at all, so very little league representation on match days, but they are volunteers like everyone else.

These are my views and not the views of my club, but I would highly recommend the Border counties just stick with Sundays if that`s possible, clubs will follow.

Darren.
nptfc75

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat