U16 Football

The place to air general chat about this League. This is a moderated forum; be constructive.

Moderator: MK&BCYFL Moderators

U16 Football

Postby greenbanks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Good Evening All,
I wonder if any players, managers or parents, associated with teams playing U16 football this season, would be happy to comment on how the Saturday/Sunday structure is working?

From the outside it looks very unbalanced and disproportionate, with extreme winners and losers in the divisions?
Without wishing to open up old arguments, should this age group have all played on the same day and hence, more of an equal spread of teams and ability across the divisions?
How easy/difficult has it been to play your games on a Saturday morning, as opposed to a Sunday afternoon?

I ask this question because our team will play U16 next season and I fear the Saturday/Sunday debate is going to raise its head again - I would like to hear the views, both good and bad of how this season is panning out, before we might need to make some decisions.

Thanks in advance and if you would prefer to message me, feel free,

Colin
greenbanks

Re: U16 Football

Postby jay72 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

my u15's will also be moving up next season but were hoping to play sunday afternoons and not mornings how many u15's teams would want to stay saturday/sunday mornings or saturday/sunday afternoons.!!
jay72

Postby Noswad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Judging by the email from the league BC want U16 to play sunday mornings next season and have asked for our input - club secretaries have the email

So as a current U15 team I will be looking for a U16 saturday league ?? anyone know of a Sat morning league fairly local ?
Noswad

Postby footballmom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 am

Once again this debate raises its head. Can’t imagine much has changed over the past season and once again the majority of the raising u16 age group would want to stay on Saturdays. All the arguments for and against this are probably all the same - they certainly are for us.

However if the league don’t offer what the clubs want (as promised last year) and force Sunday football upon us then I wonder how many teams will bother staying with them or move to the bigger chiltern league?

We looked around last season and the only other Saturday league I know of locally is Bedford. Not sure how big it is but maybe growing next season if teams vote with their feet.
footballmom

Return to General Chat