Reality check

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Reality check

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:40 pm

I would really like to a decent replacement for EEL before the end of the window.

Not to make him a scapegoat, but that position is particularly weak. Good place to start.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:57 pm

MKDF wrote:I know people like to find one person to blame because it helps with hope that the solution will be easier, but the reality is that the mess we're in is a collective issue. Just think back to pre season and how poor we were.

MKDF wrote:I would really like to a decent replacement for EEL before the end of the window.

Not to make him a scapegoat, but that position is particularly weak. Good place to start.

Not sure if you are blaming individuals or not there MKDF.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:I know people like to find one person to blame because it helps with hope that the solution will be easier, but the reality is that the mess we're in is a collective issue. Just think back to pre season and how poor we were.

MKDF wrote:I would really like to a decent replacement for EEL before the end of the window.

NOT, LD. ;)

It's not just him is it. It's the collective effect :o . But of all the many fixes, that's got to be one of the most obvious ones.

I can't imagine you disagree LD?
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:25 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

NOT, LD. ;)

It's not just him is it. It's the collective effect :o . But of all the many fixes, that's got to be one of the most obvious ones.

I can't imagine you disagree LD?

I'm glad you cleared that up, although I'm not LD :D. I thought collectively we did OK, although there is always room for improvement.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 pm

You two look so alike.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Glad something has been cleared-up, I was beginning to wonder what was going on. :)

I agree about us needing a replacement for EEL and, bearing in mind we are expecting a couple of new arrivals soon, is it just a coincidence that Tom Flanagan was at the game yesterday?
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Time will tell. Expecting DM to be very careful and considered.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

LinsladeDon wrote:Glad something has been cleared-up, I was beginning to wonder what was going on. :)

I agree about us needing a replacement for EEL and, bearing in mind we are expecting a couple of new arrivals soon, is it just a coincidence that Tom Flanagan was at the game yesterday?

Flanagan plays pretty much every week for Burton. I can't see him coming to us.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:46 am

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:Glad something has been cleared-up, I was beginning to wonder what was going on. :)

Flanagan plays pretty much every week for Burton. I can't see him coming to us.

Agreed. Although Burton are bottom of the Championship, it is only on goal difference (it's so tight at the bottom of that league) and they have a decent chance of avoiding relegation, so it would take quite a carrot to tempt him (Flanagan) back to a side that is staring league 2 in the face...........but you never know.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:03 am

A quote from the BBC match report of Ostersunds v Arsenal.

What happens when a passing team meets better players:

'Potter's side favour a passing, possession-based game but they constantly lived on the edge in playing from the back. Mkhitaryan punished a sloppy pass by defender Tom Pettersson for Arsenal's second goal but even that did not deter the Swedes from their preferred approach.'

Sounds depressingly familiar.
MKDF

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat