A good game

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

A good game

Postby MKDF » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:07 pm

... for DM to understand our weaknesses.

Hopefully it is apparent that we are still carrying dead weight in the team. Sow, Wootton and Upson were massive weak links today. If we can find a way to play without them I’d be much happier.
MKDF

Re: A good game

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 pm

It certainly sounded that way. Fair enough that Dan M gives every player a few games and an equal chance to show what they can do, but he has to make-up his mind about them PDQ and be brutal when they fall short.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:21 pm

It sounded in the post match interview that Dan is intent with keeping with Wootton. I do think that managers always seem to be obligated to keep a player fans are rubbishing and since EEL is error prone there isn't a lot of options. Lewie doesn't like playing there and Dan prefers Williams at right back. I am as much or even more concerned about our lack of goals and clear chances. Hopefully Dan and the team can address this and hopefully Wootton will come good.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 pm

DM talked up Wootton post match, but I assumed he was seeing something I didn’t. Wootton let several dangerous balls go straight passed him and was weak in other areas too. Still, DM is the expert.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:43 pm

MKDF wrote:DM talked up Wootton post match, but I assumed he was seeing something I didn’t. Wootton let several dangerous balls go straight passed him and was weak in other areas too. Still, DM is the expert.

I agree in previous matches he has seemed to lost the flight of the ball and he hasn't been the defender I was expecting, while he seemed easily out maneuvered for the goal. I prefer to see Williams there and Brittain right back, but I don't expect that to happen. The alternative would be to play with wing backs, but that could be too much change for the present, while paying EEL is always a risk and I can't see how a player who has played for a promoted team is so accident prone.

It seems to be a perfect storm of problems in defence, lack of clear cut chances and an inability to take the chances when they do occur. Dan and the coaching staff have their work cut out if we are going to survive.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 am

Our biggest weakness is we don't create enough chances. I can't see the point in blaming individuals at this stage in the season, what we are left with is what we have got to keep us in this league, end of! Sorry but the damage is already done! No complaints from me today, I thought our players all gave 100% effort and I applauded them off the pitch, Not sure if we are going to be good enough to stay up though.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

ACDon wrote:Our biggest weakness is we don't create enough chances. I can't see the point in blaming individuals at this stage in the season, what we are left with is what we have got to keep us in this league, end of! Sorry but the damage is already done! No complaints from me today, I thought our players all gave 100% effort and I applauded them off the pitch, Not sure if we are going to be good enough to stay up though.

I agree. I hope the coaching and change of style bears fruit soon, but the players need to win their one on ones. in regards to the goal I don't think it was all Scott's fault, George should have tried to get goal side rather than sneak up behind him in the box and maybe Lee should have done better.
Furzdonny

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:58 am

In the first ten minutes yesterday we could and should have been 2-0 down, overall we huffed and puffed, but created nothing in the first half, second half after the totally infective Sow thankfully went off injured we started to create some chances, Muirhead was unlucky, but shots from outside the box never threatened the home keeper, then after Walsall missed a sitter, they scored, poor keeping from Nicholls, should not have been beaten at his post that easily!
That was that, another defeat, one shot on target, too many players not good enough, Sow, Williams and Upson are not good enough trouble is we don't have much choice, we don't create anything, there's nothing about us going forward, I've said months ago that we'll go down, unfortunately I didn't put any money on it then, 6/5 now, still worth a punt I think!
My next game is Fleetwood away, can't bring myself to drive to the next two home games, better things to do with my money, really sad its come to this, never ever been so sad about football as I a now, got to think long and hard about renewing our season tickets for next year, can I be bothered to make the 100 plus mile round trip every other week, I'll give it until the end of march to decide, never questioned myself regarding this before.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 am

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:My next game is Fleetwood away, can't bring myself to drive to the next two home games, better things to do with my money, really sad its come to this, never ever been so sad about football as I a now, got to think long and hard about renewing our season tickets for next year, can I be bothered to make the 100 plus mile round trip every other week, I'll give it until the end of march to decide, never questioned myself regarding this before.

Are you sure?

Leaving home at 6.30 am to catch a train just after 7 and returning home at 10 pm is commitment, shame our players didn't show that on the pitch!! I really am thinking hard about the away games now, i know we have no right to win any games, but at least show us fans, who spend a lot of hard earned m...

I think I've finally had enough, tickets bought for cov and Charlton(Inc train already), then I will seriously consider either stopping at home or watching Leamington fc.

I've given my season ticket to someone else this season. I won't be returning to stadium:mk until Robinson leaves, or better still Winkleman spends some decent money. There were many reasons why, after more than 11 years I came to this decision, but last season when I looked forward to Saturdays wh...
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 am

We are now virtually two thirds of the way through the season and we (as supporters or our managers) simply don't seem to know exactly what our strongest line up is, the only players who seems certain starters each week are Williams and Nicholls and like WarwickDons I would raise questions at his effort with the Walsall goal yesterday. The new loan players look fairly decent, I thought Ward had a good game yesterday, he looked big, strong, was fairly vocal and made a couple of superb last ditch tackles, Tavernier looks good on the ball and shows promise, not overly sure about Ugbo whilst Tymon only played 10 minutes, but one thing is for certain, time isn't on our side, these players need to come in and have an impact quickly or else we will fall further behind the teams in the relegation battle. Not sure why Thomas-Assante wasn't on the bench yesterday, only my opinion but when he comes on he creates a buzz, runs at defences and causes problems, I would like to see him given more game time in situations like we found ourselves for the last 20 minutes yesterday.

It's not going to be an easy job for Dan Micciche!
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat