Youth Football 2018/19

The place to air general chat about this League. This is a moderated forum; be constructive.

Moderator: MK&BCYFL Moderators

Youth Football 2018/19

Postby MK MAGIC » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi All,
Am I right in thinking that BBFA were/are going to make a judgement regarding our Youth Football in Milton Keynes regarding age groups for Saturdays & Sundays for next season?

When are we due to know this decision or can anyone advise the current matter?

Thanks,

Simon
MK MAGIC

Re: Youth Football 2018/19

Postby fairplay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:39 pm

As far as I - and the rest of the MKBCYFL Management - know, that is not, nor ever has been, true.
It was rumoured to be the case by certain parties - as was the talk that there would only be one League in MK next season.
But neither statement was factual.

County have confirmed to the League Managements that they see both youth Leagues continuing to function into the coming season.
They have suggested that perhaps discussions could be held around standardising some of the things common to all local youth leagues - such as rules, fines, registration processes etc. and this would include the Girls League as well.

Meetings regarding this have not yet begun.
fairplay

Postby Noswad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

So the email has come out - BC want U16 to play Sundays next season

I have structured my squad around Sat football as per this season and will struggle with Suday football - so will MKDDL be offering sat U16 football next season or does anyone know of a fairly local Sat league ???
Noswad

Postby footballmom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 am

Could that have been their plan all along? Get the teams in by promising to do what the majority want then dictate what they will offer the next season. They had u16 on Saturday this season so why not offer it next season. Seeing as the majority of teams going into that age group wanted Saturday’s this season I can’t see that changing much for next season.

Bedford have a Saturday league I believe. Not sure how big it is.

However if they insist on forcing Sunday’s upon us all I wonder how many teams will opt to stay well clear and move to the bigger and better chiltern league for Sunday’s?
footballmom

Postby Plumberry » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:32 am

DDL can’t offer U16’s football as the BBFA haven’t sanctioned them the age group. This has been set in stone for coming up to a year now.

BC have a difficult decision as the BBFA have told the BC that they have to provide Saturday and Sunday football at that age group.

Think the stance of I want to play Saturdays has to change when you get to U-16’s and above. The big youth leagues of Northants, Beds and Bucks all play Sunday football, or midweek under lights.
Plumberry

Postby footballmom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Don't see why the stance of wanting Saturday football has to change if clubs are whiling to support their teams with this.

Border Counties told us all last season they would do what the teams wanted - this led to the large majority of teams at u15 opting for Saturday football (with their clubs support). So much was the majority that a Sunday competition was not viable. Can't see that many of these teams will have changed their preference in a season!

The league offered Saturday's for under 16's this season, why not offer it for next season? what has changed?
Now they have encouraged these teams to join BC instead of looking outside MK are they now trying to dictate what we play?

The Saturday and Sunday debate remains - the reasons for and against will not have changed much in a season. Why are we at this point yet again where we can't tell our players what will happen next season.

Hope a decision comes quickly so that teams can make an informed decision about when and where they want to play next season.
footballmom

Postby greenbanks » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 am

Our team play U15 football on a Saturday right now, we were open to either day, so we went with the flow, but referees, or lack of them is a major problem and is made worse by U16 playing on a Saturday, pitch congestion will be an issue - how are we going to have U14 - U16 all playing on a Saturday morning?

Yes U16 was split over the weekend this season, but looking at the tables, the quality of football looks poor, minus 75 goal difference, that is ridiculous!

Are we saying that people will want to play U18 on a Saturday as well - we might as well move all the juniors to Sunday now!

We do not live in an ideal world, we need to use logic and accept that you cant please all the people all the time, I want mu team to play in a fair and balanced league next season at U16, otherwise whats the point of it all?
greenbanks

Postby footballmom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 am

One thing to keep in mind is that teams are asking for Saturday football because moving to a Sunday may be the end of their team. I know a number of teams like ours who will lose a large chunk of players if forced to move to Sunday’s. Not listing reasons as we have been over and over these when argueing for Saturday’s last season. This could see our team and a number of others fold. So a Sunday competition would be diluted anyway if teams fold.

You also now have the situation where some of the players who play border counties on a Saturday now also play for a chiltern league team on a Sunday. Again this could mean teams lose players and can’t enter a Sunday border counties team.

The whole Saturday Sunday debate has come about due to demand. Family life has evolved over the last 5-10years and Sunday football no longer suits the masses. It would be a very brave business that chooses to go against the grain of modern day demands, that’s how businesses go bust!

The county fa recognised this and told BC to offer both Saturday and Sunday football. Why would they go against this and risk their league losing teams and going backwards agains.

Grassroots football is a fast expanding sport in mk and surrounding areas. Is this because up to this point the leagues have listened to teams and offered what is needed to keep many of the players playing? Guess if they take away the option of a Saturday league in mk we will soon find out!
footballmom

Postby Noswad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Been looking around and Bedford does have a Saturday U15 league which will move to U16 next year 2 divisions and some teams i know from the past so if BC insist on Sat U16 next year i will be going Bedford league if they will have us
Noswad

Postby willowtree » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Pretty certain that they will not be enough saturdays left in the season to get all fixtures played, will the saturday brigade be objecting to play mid-week or even sundays to get fixtures played?
I am pretty certain its the ones that wanted to play saturdays that keep moaning about lack of referees on a saturday at league meetings, even though both leagues said they would struggle for referees on saturdays at the start of the season.
I know the mkddl have told all non competitive teams to sort the remaining fixtures out themselves!
But full marks to them for sticking to their guns and only offering saturday football.

I would welcome a return of competitive football on sundays only, this would leave saturday free for them to train and become better footballers and or become referees.
willowtree

Next

Return to General Chat