It's amazing......

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

It's amazing......

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 am

The difference a few weeks can make in football! viewtopic.php?f=107&t=12636

Of course we still have lot to do, there will be plenty of twists and turns, as there always are, but at least we have given ourselves a fighting chance of avoiding relegation.

Two really tough games coming up against the two best sides in the league, who also happen to be the top two sides on current form, I'm not expecting us to get much from these two games and will be pleased if we can somehow get a point or two. Every chance we will find ourselves in a relegation spot at this time next week but the most important thing is we need to stick together, back the Manager and players and hopefully we'll muster enough points to stay up.

COYD.
ACDon

Re: It's amazing......

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:32 am

I stand by my doubts about [some of*] DM’s tactics and subs. We aren’t playing any better technical football than earlier in the season, still lots of pointless long balls.

HOWEVER, due to whatever influences, this lot are now fighting for each other and the club. And, as Williams said the other day, *they each now know what is expected of them, which is a huge step forward. These are indictments of the Neilson era.

I would point out that I was calling for less tippy tappy football for several seasons, with more physical, effective football doing the basics better like passing and moving. In my view, we are getting better at they way I personally would like us to play.

So credit where credit is due. DM has instilled belief, made our football simpler and we are seeing the benefits.

Was I wrong to express my frustration at some of the early stupidity? Nope. Was I unfair to say I was concerned about next season based on DM’s start? Absolutely not - we had an appalling start to DM’s reign.

Is DM the new Robinson - not in my view. He might turn out to be a happy hybrid between Robbie and Robbo.

If we go down now, I will be happy because we’ve at least made a fight of it.

Yes AC, a few weeks can be a long time in football. ;)
MKDF

Re: It's amazing......

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:42 am

MKDF wrote:
If we go down now, I will be happy because we’ve at least made a fight of it.
;)

Sums up my feelings... :D

Though, there will be an element of disappointment (and maybe regret from the higher ranks at the club) of course. ;)
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat