Doncaster Rovers game....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Doncaster Rovers game....

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:53 pm

dons50 wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:We lost because their keeper played better than ours.

I wouldn't blame our keeper for either goal and if we had shot to the goal corners their goalkeeper wouldn't have been so good. Plus I'm surprised you don't have a problem with long aimless passes.

I’m not necessarily blaming ours, more praising theirs. If it wasn’t for him we would have won the game.

Fair point about long balls. That’s always the temptation with playing two up top. I’d much rather see Aneke in midfield.

Yeah, got to say their keeper did have a good game, but as has been the case all too often this season, our finishing wasn't clinical enough.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:03 pm

I thought we lost that game by taking it easy after we scored and, in the end, we choked when it mattered.

I was pleased to see Ugbo start up front.

We should've had two penalties maybe three (poor reffing again), and disappointing tactical and sub decisions. Bringing on BTA instead of Tav baffled me.

We deserve to go down.

What now for this club I wonder.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 pm

MKDF wrote:I thought we lost that game by taking it easy after we scored and, in the end, we choked when it mattered.

I was pleased to see Ugbo start up front.

We should've had two penalties maybe three (poor reffing again), and disappointing tactical and sub decisions. Bringing on BTA instead of Tav baffled me.

We deserve to go down.

What now for this club I wonder.

League 2 for one thing (unless we get a miracle from the football gods).
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 pm

The football gods are against us this season.

Bizarre interview from DM by the way.

Who still has faith in him for next season?
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 pm

MKDF wrote:The football gods are against us this season.

Bizarre interview from DM by the way.

Who still has faith in him for next season?

I still do but he needs a good start to the season and I understand this isn't his preferred formation so he needs to get in players which fit it and not play players who don't. I'm still not convinced we have recruitment right. I hope Keith Millen stays and is good in that area, but we haven't been since John Gorman left. Although we have got a few gems they always seem to be on loan and while Chuks is an asset, I agree with dons50 he isn't a centre forward. Defensively players seem to have got better after they have left us, which is a concern.

One thing I disagree was he said we dominated the whole match, but from what I saw we didn't dominate the 2nd half.
Furzdonny

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat