It's Tis (Unofficially)`

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Skysports have announced that Paul Tisdale is going to be announced at 5 pm.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -dons-boss

https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1004302049373229056
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:34 pm

It's now official and I understand that he doesn't like to be called Tis :oops: .
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby MKDF » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Furzdonny wrote:It's now official and I understand that he doesn't like to be called Tis :oops: .


Too closely associated with Was. ;)

Got all my digits crossed for this one.
MKDF
 
Posts: 2375
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby ACDon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:33 pm

I think it was the appointment the majority of us expected, though I must admit I was starting to get a bit anxious as time went by, I think most of us were hoping the news would be out as early as possible after Exeter City lost in the play off final. The fact is we are behind the majority of sides in league 2 and are already playing catch up. Not too sure if much can be done this coming season, the mess Neilson has created will take some time to rectify, I wont be overly disappointed if we finish in the top half, if we can sneak a play off place I will be very pleased and automatic promotion would be an incredible achievement.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:47 pm

After readily accepting the appointments of Neilson and Macciche with open arms, I have been a tad more cautious about Paul Tisdale since I first heard his name mentioned as being a strong candidate to be our next manager. However as I gradually found out a bit more about the fella it became clear that he has a lot going for him and he actually seems to be a very good appointment. His record is pretty good considering the difficult situation he was in; a fans' owned club without much money in a relatively remote location. He has been loyal to Exeter and even after they served him with two years notice that his contract was being terminated, he still managed to get them to Wembley twice in the play-off Division 2 final.
Tisdale must have sung the right song to PW as he has been awarded a long term running-contract straight from the 'off'.
Despite the dross we played so often these past couple of seasons, we do actually have some decent players and now with a new manager who has, (hopefully) the right leadership skills and is prepared to give them all a new fresh challenge, we could/should see a tremendous improvement next season.
However, his first challenge is to turn a losing mentality into a winning one and that won't happen overnight, so whilst we can't get carried away with ourselves, I still like to believe that the future looks decidedly brighter than it did a few weeks ago.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3327
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby ACDon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 am

LinsladeDon wrote:After readily accepting the appointments of Neilson and Macciche with open arms, I have been a tad more cautious about Paul Tisdale since I first heard his name mentioned as being a strong candidate to be our next manager. However as I gradually found out a bit more about the fella it became clear that he has a lot going for him and he actually seems to be a very good appointment. His record is pretty good considering the difficult situation he was in; a fans' owned club without much money in a relatively remote location. He has been loyal to Exeter and even after they served him with two years notice that his contract was being terminated, he still managed to get them to Wembley twice in the play-off Division 2 final.
Tisdale must have sung the right song to PW as he has been awarded a long term running-contract straight from the 'off'.
Despite the dross we played so often these past couple of seasons, we do actually have some decent players and now with a new manager who has, (hopefully) the right leadership skills and is prepared to give them all a new fresh challenge, we could/should see a tremendous improvement next season.
However, his first challenge is to turn a losing mentality into a winning one and that won't happen overnight, so whilst we can't get carried away with ourselves, I still like to believe that the future looks decidedly brighter than it did a few weeks ago.



Without a doubt, this will be top of PT's priority list, it wont be easy and we are going to need a fair bit of patience from supporters and Management alike. I'm far from convinced some of the players we currently have (on contracts that go into 2019) can cut it even at league 2 level but Tisdale is a man who should know league 2 and what is needed to get out of it. It's going to be an interesting season but whatever happens, lets give the new man a fair chance.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 am

Like everyone else I hope it's 3rd time lucky and I wonder from what Pete said, if he had applied before; but then the other two appointments seemed right at the time. He looks like a balanced guy and the buzz word was warmth, but hopefully he's not to pally to make difficult decisions. One area he needs to strengthen urgently is the centre half positions. We could do with two (or three) and need to be brought in early to give time to form a partnership. He will have my full support and for those who haven't seen the press conference (t starts 7 minutes in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL9y2_qXOns
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Furzdonny wrote:Like everyone else I hope it's 3rd time lucky and I wonder from what Pete said, if he had applied before; but then the other two appointments seemed right at the time. He looks like a balanced guy and the buzz word was warmth, but hopefully he's not to pally to make difficult decisions. One area he needs to strengthen urgently is the centre half positions. We could do with two (or three) and need to be brought in early to give time to form a partnership. He will have my full support and for those who haven't seen the press conference (t starts 7 minutes in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL9y2_qXOns

Thanks for the link Furz.
One thing that did surprise me was Tisdale saying "A week ago I didn't know myself what I was going to do!" So much for many of us thinking that the deal was agreed some time ago and PW/PT were just waiting for the appropriate time to announce it. He can't therefore know very much about our squad and that, for instance, we really do need a strong centre-back to bolster our shaky defence.
I wouldn't expect too much will happen until the players return for pre-season training and then the final two weeks of the transfer window could be interesting.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3327
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby Dark Destroyer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 am

Started watching the link on YouTube and spent the first five minutes or so looking at a table with microphones, two empty chairs and an advertising backdrop of sponsors :? . Finally you see Paul Tisdale and PW arrive through the doors and get seated as if the camera was hidden and they were not aware they was being filmed :lol: . Could not hear most of the questions being asked by whoever whilst watching PW constantly mop he's brow. Did no one involve have time to review and edit before releasing into the public domain? :oops: . Good luck to Paul Tisdale though and hope we can hit the ground running come August. He's got a lot of inflated ego's to sort out!.
Dark Destroyer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 am

Re: It's Tis (Unofficially)`

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 am

Dark Destroyer wrote:Started watching the link on YouTube and spent the first five minutes or so looking at a table with microphones, two empty chairs and an advertising backdrop of sponsors :? . Finally you see Paul Tisdale and PW arrive through the doors and get seated as if the camera was hidden and they were not aware they was being filmed :lol: . Could not hear most of the questions being asked by whoever whilst watching PW constantly mop he's brow. Did no one involve have time to review and edit before releasing into the public domain? :oops: . Good luck to Paul Tisdale though and hope we can hit the ground running come August. He's got a lot of inflated ego's to sort out!.


A shame that you didn't read my note that it starts 7 minutes in and I understand it was live (or just about) so was unedited.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm


Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cromwell, dons50, Google [Bot], LinsladeDon, Warwickshire MK Dons and 56 guests